Friday, April 15, 2011

Reflections and Ruminations – an update

The list is going pretty well

  1. Go to one restaurant a month that I’ve never been to before

January – Dinner complete with silver ‘reveal’ domes at the Eastwell Manor Hotel

February – Took part in first Supper Club at the Courtyard Cafe for Valentines Day

March – Afternoon Tea at the Ellenborough Park Hotel

  1. Eat 5 foodstuffs I’ve never tried before One tick – Romanesque Broccoli
  2. Bake bread. Actual bread. Not just yeast-assisted cakes
  3. Knit something in Fair Isle/stranded colourwork or a complicated lace shawl
  4. Give handmade presents this year (I’ve given myself a loophole in case I run out of time to make every present myself) – and make them GOOD THINGS that are wanted and liked and appropriate and… and… and…
  5. Listen to 10 albums by artists I’ve not listened to before (suggestions welcome)
  6. Write a letter for Tilly to open when she’s 18
  7. Write a letter to myself to open when I’m 60
  8. Read three ‘classic’ books I haven’t read before
  9. Drink only water for one month this is going to be HARD – tea… wine??
  10. Don’t complain about anything for a week
  11. Go completely ‘unchained’ for a month (ie no shopping at any chainstores for food, clothes, etc)
  12. Unplug for a whole weekend (no phone, Internet, television etc.)
  13. See 10 ‘classic’ movies I’ve never seen
  14. Workout for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, for 4 weeks
  15. Write a list of 101 things I’ve already achieved in this lifetime
  16. Write a list of 50 things I like about myself
  17. Write 5 letters to 5 people who changed my life
  18. Sleep in a tent, outside, with my husband and my daughter
  19. Make £100 from my crafting in one calendar month £106 made! WOOPPEE!!
  20. See 9 performances featuring my friends (acting, singing, dancing etc) – professional or amateur Tick One:Fiona Bevan at the Tate Modern
  21. Help organise a street party for the Royal Wedding: Getting there! Permission granted from local council! Invitations (gorgeous design, non?) distributed and first planning meeting tomorrow evening! royal wedding
  22. Help organise a Big Lunch party for local families
  23. Go a week without spending any money bar Tilly essentials – diapers etc
  24. Grow a plant in this house that does not die within four weeks of ownership
  25. Have a ‘no rubbish’ week
  26. Don’t swear for a week this is going to be bloody difficult – geddit???
  27. Take part in three craft swaps – the two last year were BRILLIANT and they made me so happy!
  28. Put aside £10 for every I task I complete to buy myself a fabulous birthday present
  29. Donate £10 to charity for every task I don’t complete

No comments: