Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Knit What? Knit this… and this… and this

Some weeks ago I asked my lovely readers what project I should take away with me for the minibreak!

The answers came in thick and fast and I decided to take the Poet’s Pullover with me, as per various thoughts and suggestions…

And so I went to collate my materials and found I didn’t own the requisite circular needles with which to fashion such a gorgeous little jumper.

At 10pm the night before we left.

Pants.

So I got me onto Ravelry AGAIN and searched through for patterns that could be made with my little stash of Royal Blue Cashmerino

Cashmerino DK indigo 36A Stitch in Time: v. 1: Vintage Knitting & Crochet Patterns 1920-1949

And with the help of the various search tools, I was able to discover that this pattern from this book that was given to me by the Boy for Christmas, would be just right for this wool!

Eureka!

 

However, going from chunky knits for toddlers to DK knitting for grownups was somewhat tedious. I only just managed to get through the back ribbing (30 rows of K1P1 with 3 1/4mm needles) before I had to crowbar myself out of my little knitting hide curled up next to the fireplace…

Two weeks on and I’m here…

P1060268

Halfway up the back and enjoying the project.

But looking forward to getting to the front, to the interesting placket and to the BUTTON CHOICES. Oh the button choosing. That won’t bring out my fussy and indecisive and pedantic qualities AT ALL.

P1020748 P1020753

And then my lovely friend went and had herself a little baby. So now I’m sidetracked making a monkey.

P1060270 Knitted Wild Animals monkey to knit

And I’ll get back to my jumper soon…

P1060269

No comments: