Sunday, June 06, 2010

Domesticity with a capital DUH

The rugs have finally been beaten…And here it is: it’s a much more effective remover of dust and generic crafty threads, yarns and BITS than any other method. Dyson, eat your heart out. One broom handle and a good bit of ‘welly’ and we were golden.

Though sneezing rather heavily…

P1040194

P1040175

The coffee has been supped from the recently-received-back-from-paint-it-yourself-pottery-shop-mug and I’m mightily pleased with the final result.

We have planted mint (received in the post from fabulously innovative mother-in-law!!) and clematis (acquired in a more pedestrian fashion at the local garden centre)…

P1040197 P1040198

And I’ve been cooking scrumptious dinners on account of my brother staying with us and inspiring me to try some new recipes…

Blogs & Crafts

Nothing like another mouth to feed to gang up on the Boy that won’t eat **** and make him try fish, seaweed, tomatoes and bulgar wheat for the first time since childhood… This in particular was scrumptious and easy peasy (I’m delighted to say, as it’s demonstrated by a 2 year old…)

However, we have had one utter FAIL…

P1040237Having spent all my days proclaiming this to be the easiest and tastiest Rhubarb jam recipe in the WORLD, I took my eye off the boil so to speak and this is the result…

I’m claiming it as ‘Caramelised Rhubarb’ but noone is buying it…

Any ideas for uses to salvage the char are welcome…

No comments: