Three days to go before the big THREE OH…
Highlighted in red are my outstanding tasks…
There seems to be a distinct lack of ‘months’, ‘weekends’ and ‘excercise opportunities’ before Monday… Methinks the nominated charity is going to be getting a donation shortly… Send over album suggestions for music to listen to over my non-technical weekend and I’ll get them on iTunes before I unplug! Oh… but then I can’t listen to them… Oh crikey…
- Go to one restaurant a month that I’ve never been to before
January – Dinner complete with silver ‘reveal’ domes at theEastwell Manor Hotel
February – Took part in first Supper Club at the Courtyard Cafe for Valentines Day
March – Afternoon Tea at the Ellenborough Park Hotel
April – Amazing Lunch at Wheeler’s Oyster Bar in Whitstable
May – Sunday Lunch at the Queen Adelaide in Shepherd’s Bush
June – Pre-concert dinner at Positano in Cardiff
July – Lunch at the Bridge Lounge, Southwark
August – Lunch at Sazio’s in Harpenden
September – Dinner at Sagra Brasserie in St Albans
- Eat 5 foodstuffs I’ve never tried before DONE: Romanesque Broccoli, Octopus, deep fried oyster, Preserved Ginger in syrup (without it being in a cake or jam!), and… BREAD MADE BY MY OWN FAIR HANDS!
- Bake bread. Actual bread. Not just yeast-assisted cakes DONE!
- Knit something in Fair Isle/stranded colourwork or a lace shawl DONE!
- Give handmade presents this year (I’ve given myself a loophole in case I run out of time to make every present myself) – and make them GOOD THINGS that are wanted and liked and appropriate and… and… and… Done for friends’s 30th birthday, for friend’s new babies and for sister’s birthday!
- Listen to 10 albums by artists I’ve not listened to before! Buena Vista Social Club, Hugh Laurie, French album in the car I’ve not got the name of…
- Write a letter for Tilly to open when she’s 18 DONE
- Write a letter to myself to open when I’m 60 DONE
- Read three ‘classic’ books I haven’t read before Started Vanity Fair, thoroughly enjoyed the first third of it and then lost momentum… :-(
- Drink only water for one month this is going to be HARD – tea… wine??
- Don’t complain about anything for a week DONE and it was beautifully refreshing and surprisingly easy
- Go completely ‘unchained’ for a month (ie no shopping at any chainstores for food, clothes, etc)
- Unplug for a whole weekend (no phone, Internet, television etc.)
- See 10 ‘classic’ movies I’ve never seen DONE! – Gentlemen prefer blondes, Sabrina, Annie Hall, The Hurt Locker [it’s won an Oscar – does that make it a modern classic?), Avatar, Up, Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows Part 2, All About Eve, Blythe Spirit, Exit Through the Gift Shop
- Workout for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, for 4 weeks
- Write a list of 101 things I’ve already achieved in this lifetime
- Write a list of 50 things I like about myself
- Write 5 letters to 5 people who changed my life DONE and Sent!!
- Sleep in a tent, outside, with my husband and my daughter Instead – organised a big camp-along for twenty-five people in Norfolk and slept in a caravan – cheating?? Possibly…
- Make £100 from my crafting in one calendar month £106 made in March and again £120 made in June!
- See 9 performances featuring my friends (acting, singing, dancing etc) – professional or amateur Tick One:Fiona Bevan at the Tate Modern, Tick Two: My Goddaughters’ end of term ballet recital
- Help organise a street party for the Royal Wedding: Done!
- Help organise a Big Lunch party for local families: have had to postpone this due to timing and local busy-ness. All set for Big Lunch for next year though…
- Go a week without spending any money bar Tilly essentials – diapers etc DONE – surprisingly difficult but very liberating! And boy, our storecupboards were scraped bare!
- Grow a plant in this house that does not die within four weeks of ownership DONE – my gorgeous mini-herb garden!
- Have a ‘no rubbish’ week
- Don’t swear for a week this is going to be bloody difficult – geddit??? DONE!
- Take part in three craft swaps – the two last year were BRILLIANT and they made me so happy! Done! Done! and Done!
- Put aside £10 for every I task I complete to buy myself a fabulous birthday present Donate £10 to charity for every task I don’t complete