A lovely birthday
A milestone reached
A new pair of sandals in which to reach the next milestones!
A fabulous card from the little sis… enclosing a list of 30 of some of the ‘fabulous achievements’ from my life thus far… To confirm: this is not from me so I can write this with irony/modesty as they are not my words, but from elsewhere!
- Your lovely daughter…
- Rocking dungarees and clogs 10 years before Alexa Chung
- Bagging a Doctor (queue ‘i can’t believe I’m marrying a doctor’ from Beaches)
- Knitting a cardigan a day for #1
- BA Hons First
- Click Click STOMP Click Click STOMP aka Best Tap Routine ever!
- Rocking Mad Men chic before Mad Men
- Selling actual things to actual people through the actual internet web thingy
- Cycling in London (mentallist)
- Having a wonderfully exotic accent that even Sam West couldn’t place
- Passing your driving test while 8 months pregnant
- Being the family encyclopedia on Shakespeare
- Wearing yellow eyeshadow
- Organising the PERFECT wedding
- Flying across the Atlantic with a 5 month old baby
- Year Book Editor
- Keeping said Doctor in baked goods on a daily basis
- Climbing Maccu Piccu
- Growing really long hair for perfect wedding
- Raising money for Maccu Piccu
- Being a wonderfully caring and fabulous friend
- Having a wedding dress with POCKETS
- Having purple/mahogany hair while still in school
- Introducing me to talking weird (see #12), fashion (#2), makeup (#15), hairstyles from Sliding Doors (#25), dancing (#6), and safety first at the poolside (#9)…
- Storming the blogosphere
- Knitting yourself a migraine (your hubbie’s words-love it!)
- Secretly being the buyer/trendspotter/trendsetter for Anthropologie, Hobbs, Clarks, The White Company and Space NK
- Being a fricking awesome sister and friend who is TURNING 30!!!!!!!
What better present could a person get?!
Gotta love family. Thanks, Cate.
On my way out to drinks, so will post this and then rush off to a cocktail bar, then drunkenly edit this and add links etc later. That will end well, I’m sure. PS Today’s Cake: Lemon Meringue Cake by Nigella. Yum. That’s all I need to say.