Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Brace Yourselves

The migraine has finally been completed.

This started life as a little experiment to see if I could manage Lucy’s lovely Summer Garden Granny Squares

P1050055

Turns out they were quite straightforward, but I was low on yarn at that point. (Ha!)

P1060656    

So I had to put it on hold with a few squares of granny stripe border…

P1050100

Then it came back out the pile for a burst of hooky-time

P1060267

Then there were some squares…

P1060340

Then there were more stripes…

P1060536

Then there was a lacey border (adapted from one I found here)…

P1070334

And then I stood back to admire my work.

  P1070335

And bask in my glory…

P1070333

And have a think if the intended recipient will grow to love it as much as I do…

The Boy is DESPERATE to get this monstrosity out of the house. I, on the other hand, have slowly but surely formed a deep attachment to its blindingly clashing loveliness… The only question is, have I got time to make something else for the intended recipient so I can keep this? And will that cause the end of my marriage?

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! This is absolutely, completely amazing!! (Found you from the link you posted on the Deramores fb page!). Whispers: keep it, keep it. lol.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this blanket! Esp the rounds on the corners of the main inner square! It looks fab! :)

Anonymous said...

lol, that blanket is great! Very Lucy inspired.

You know, if you really like it, you could always make another one... An excuse to buy more yarn if nothing else ;)