Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My favourite Yarn Shops

On Ravelry, there is an acronym that had me guessing for a little while: LYS… Finally worked it out to be Local Yarn Shop.

And this has to be one of my favourites, albeit not exactly ‘local’ to me, being about 2 hours away from where I live! Luckily, it’s more like ten minutes from the house of a very good friend, so whenever I visit her, I tend to drop by to *ahem* peruse their stock…

May 20111

Knitwits of Dereham treads the fine line of gorgeous quality fibres sitting happily alongside a good selection of value yarns. Perfect for me to be able to have a look at the pretty yarns that I will *one day* be able to buy, and then satisfy my stash cravings with cheap and cheerful (but not highly flammable) fabulousness. The central picture is their range of Stylecraft Special. And we all know what happens when that comes along…

Lovely Fiona tells me that they’re settling into their new premises (moved last August into an even more central location than ever before) and are hoping to expand into the basement with quilting fabrics and a workshop space by the end of the year. Hopefully this speaks volumes of their taste, their range, their gorgeousness and the crafty future of Norfolk. Onwards and upwards, or rather, with the basement expansion, perhaps that should be downwards.

Highly recommended if you’re within ten hours’ of Norfolk. Happy shopping.

No comments: