Thursday, October 21, 2010

Trying to Care A Little Less

Hello there

As you may have noticed, I have recently been trying to drag this blog, kicking and screaming, back in the direction to which it was originally directed…That is, crafty, creative, bridal, beautiful and less of the nappies and neuroses…

This has coincided with, or maybe demonstrates, a rather more uplifted spirit in these parts. My head is feeling better. My daughter is much more fun, and the days are going by in a blur of broken toys, rescued ornaments from orally fixated babies and incessant rounds of laundry… With the occasional knitting and crafting. If it weren’t for the size of her, I’d highly recommend to the powers-that-be that babies were born at this age. She’s active enough to wear herself out, she’s cheeky enough to be fun, she’s sentient enough to try her luck, but also know where the lines are being drawn (well… kinda) and… well…

The dark days are over (so it seems) and where once these lyrics filled my head, now I can’t stop humming this.

The relief is palpable…

Normal service will be resuming shortly.

And I can’t thank you all enough for sticking around and by me for the last few months. The catharsis of writing to *you* has helped more than I could ever have known.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to read things are looking up.

Anonymous said...

Your timings are, pretty much to the day, exactly how it happened for me.

SO glad things are finally coming together.