Saturday, March 03, 2012

Thrifty Stitching

I fell in love with the Shima top, but have neither £75 nor the will to pay that much for a cotton top…

image

I remembered a heavy cotton stripe fabric inherited from a friend’s-mother’s-stash which may or may not have been used for garden furniture fabric in years gone by…

I remembered an out-of-print Vogue pattern in my library (borrowed from Mum!) for an oversized elegant t-shirt style that, if nothing else, may just stretch slightly beyond a rectangular unflattering box and edge slightly into quirky and appealing…

I got squeezing, cutting, stitching and wearing…

P1090079P1090080 

Despite the Boy’s comments that he prefers a rather more fitted silhouette, I’m now in production and have one more on the sewing machine and another three pieces of fabric being eyed up in the stash… Comfortable, on trend, washable, elegant and versatile… If I do say so myself…

Hoorah! Gotta love a speedy stitch… which costs £75 less than the originating inspiration.

No comments: