My puns are getting worse. They really are. I can only apologise.
I do as I am asked and have had a hunt on. You should know that, with underwear, as with all things, I have requirements:
- I am ample of boob. I require support. And when I say support, I mean small scale scaffolding (32e... yeah baby)
- That does not mean that I think 4" wide straps are attractive
- Or necessary
- That does also not mean that I want to suppress or hide my bosom. I like my boobs. They just need to be convinced to stay upright. That means I need padding, not to add to their volume, but to support and cup them.
- I hate man-made fibres. So I'm looking for silk bras.
- I like sexy but not trampy. I like provocative without being obvious. I like pretty.
On to the pictures...
Elle Macpherson Intimates is gorgeous and the colours are often sweet without being vapid and have some really delicious retro styling:
Dentelle bra (32B - 38DD) £30 and shorts at £18
Notorious Bra (32A - 36D) £35
Rigby & Peller is an industry standard and well worth going to a branch to have an official fitting done. They maintain that a basque or corset is never necessary for strapless lift: that should all come from the under bust measurement fitting you securely.
This Giselle style has body to it without diminishing its delicacy and I really like the latte colourway: (32B - 40E) £66
Myla is always a favourite, if only in my mind. Though I've not stretched to anything from here yet, the following are very high up my list of possible splurges:
Ella Silk Chiffon babydoll £139 and bra (32A - 36DD) £109
The Nicole range is so pretty and lacey and comes in an eye-popping shade of coral pink that I have throughout my wardrobe. The basque, though, is probably the most bridal.
Basque (SML) £129
Bras (32A - 36DD) £89.00