Saturday, October 08, 2011

The delights of Garter Stitch

Simplicity in a ‘knit every row’ mantra need not be limited to starter knitters…

cardigan

Contemporary Cardigan by Bugs & Fairies

image

Annabel Cardigan (Pattern) by Quince & Co $6

gyr_front

Garter Yoke Baby Cardigan Pattern

Oh the simplicity and the prettiness!

Have been having much fun recently mastering the ‘top down in the round’ technique for a few ‘bumps in the making’…

 

One done, one on the needles and the third poised for cast on. Would everyone please coordinate diaries in future so I’m not baby-bombarded like this in the future??

Selfish, I tell you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha, that was me last year, furiously trying to knit enough cardigans to keep up with all the new arrivals! Got my own to knit for now (well, due in March) so that's what I'm concentrating on. One of the cardigans I made last year was the garter yoke one, I love its simplicity. Good luck with all your knitting!