Saturday, October 06, 2007

Pearly Queen

I saw this post at BridalWave and couldn't help exploring further.

These invitations are described on Imagine Couture as:

The dupion silk pocket opens to reveal a striking invitation set on a silk pad, wrapped in organza and satin ribbon and finished with a beautiful brooch.

My mind then ran rampant. Could this not be achieved with a gorgeous button with the shank run on a length of organza ribbon? We are going to have our invitations on mountboard (I like the density!) so there would be no risk of bending or warping.

Button surfing has turned up:

Something tells me, though, that at a price of $4.95 per button, this may be a DIY step too far...

As cute as a button, MJ Trim, MJ Trim

Glitzonline, Glitzonline, Millliners Supply Company

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I was wondering if you knew what website those invitations came from? If you could email me with the website I would greatly appreciate it! :) My email is mdenisdesigns@gmail.com. Thank you!